Updated on Apr 4, 2012.
Please contact email@example.com for inquiries regarding natefind.com.
Information We Collect and How We Use It
The information we gather at LivingThere helps us personalize and continually improve your user experience. We use the information to respond to your requests, customize features, and enhance communications. We strive to provide you with the tools and services to simplify the home buying process and make Living There a reality.
When you register on LivingThere, you will be prompted to provide us with your name and email address. By registering and creating an account, you have the ability to save searches, receive customized alerts, share properties, and contact agents. You can choose not to provide us with this information, however it is necessary to provide us with this information in order to take full advantage of our capabilities and personalization features.
LivingThere collects and stores information about usage patterns, by tracking where you search, what you search and when you search. Analysis of this data enables us to deliver more relevant content to you. We may publish anonymized and aggregate usage and search statistics.
Advertising revenue helps fund what we do. By understanding how you interact with the site, we are able to provide our advertisers with meaningful information which helps them determine the most effective way to communicate with their audience, so that you are presented with useful and highly targeted advertisements.
We are able to collect information through the use of “Cookies” . Cookies are small files containing bits of information. Cookies allow us to provide customized features such as Recommended Properties and personalized advertisements, and store information such as the last properties you viewed. Cookies may be served by us or by third parties.
You can modify your cookie settings by visiting the Help menu in your web browser. Please note that deleting or choosing not to accept cookies from our site will prevent many of the LivingThere features from working properly.
Information We Share
Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We are not in the business of selling it to others. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
We will only share your personal information in the following circumstances:
- With Your Consent - Features such as Share This, Contact a Real Estate Agent andContact a Lender are examples of elective services where you allow us to disclose your name and email address.
- When We Hire Service Providers – In the event that LivingThere hires service providers to assist in the operation of site we may grant them access to information that you provided to us but ONLY as it is necessary to perform the service(s) for LivingThere or on our behalf. An example of this could be a database administrator who may be given access to our user database that contains searches you saved.
- Legally Obligated - We may release personal information if, we believe in good faith, that access, use, preservation or disclosure of this information is reasonably necessary to:
- Satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise respond to fraud, security and/or technical concerns
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of LivingThere, its users, and/or the public and prevent them from harm.
- In the event of a Merger, Acquisition or Sale of LivingThere, personal information may be transferred along with the business.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information. Precautions taken by LivingThere include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices. However, we cannot guarantee the protection of information against interception, misappropriation, misuse, or alteration or that your information may be not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Please be aware that we have no control over the security of other sites on the Internet you might visit, interact with, or from which you buy products or services.
Public Posting - By posting a question or answer in the public areas of the site, you are choosing to make certain information public. This includes any personally identifiable information you disclose.
Public Records Posted on LivingThere - In order to provide you with the most comprehensive real estate information, we provide information from public records. This can include the purchase price and date, current and past owner’s name and address, and mortgage information. This information is available to the general public by the government. As a courtesy, we will remove ownership information as it regards to your current residence. Removal requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org and we require documented proof of your current residence with all removal requests. Since we receive data from a variety of 3rd party sources, we cannot guarantee that any removals will be permanent.
We occasionally send our users emails and users can subscribe to various periodic email updates on our site. Agents and real estate professionals will be automatically subscribed to our weekly market email. All of our automated emails contain information on how to unsubscribe at the bottom of each email. If you need help managing your email preferences please contact email@example.com.